Wednesday 12 September 2012

Beautiful movie, recommended: Ana Karenina (2012)

Atonement's British director Joe Wright surprised us positively when we went to see this film. It is beautifully done, with such a good taste.  I didn't expect to fall in love with it but I did. What a superb mixture of theatre, dance, cinema, costumes of that time & photography, I didn't want it to come to an end. It's definitely different from other versions of this Leo Tolstoy's Russian work "Anna KArenina" due to the originality of the combination of the factors I  have mentioned above. Sometimes the backstage mingles with the real personages & the story, from the stage it goes to the snowing outdoors in Russia. The 2 delicate and good-looking protagonists: Keira Knightley and Aaron Taylor-Johnson play an excellent role, their love story is so real and so difficult to handle for that time! To me , it was the first time I saw Aaron and gee, what a dude!! Jude Law's role as Ana Karenina's husband is very well portrayed, Jude does not have the looks in this one, he is barely recognizable but the beauty in his soul overcomes the lack of looks. Some of the highlights of the film for me, the aesthetic love scenes between the protagonists, the scene in the opera when the whole audience starts looking at Anna and the tragic end. It's the type of film that you want to see over and over again, of course I'll get the dvd once it's released, I recommend it 100% , one of the best films I have seen lately. Thanx Joe Wright, I love "Atonement" and now I love "Ana Karenina".


No comments:

Do you want to feel with a very aesthetic movie?" Les jeunes amants" - The Young Lovers(2021)

  Year:  2021 Genre:  Romantic/Drama Critics point of view & My own:  Pages specialized in cinema reviews like IDMB give it a score of ...