Saturday 7 February 2015

Movie Recommendation by Belén Delgado: Wild (2015)

Like every year, I like to see movies that are nominated for the Oscars to be able to make my own nominations based on what I liked. Well, I´m not surprised that actress Laura Jeanne Reese Witherspoon has been nominated for her protagonist role in this movie. She is so natural and spontaneous that one can easily relate to her story and to what she is going through. To me , this is her best performance to-date. Cheryl,Resse, does what many people would like to do, leave your life behind for a short period of time to embark in a trip to be able to think and evaluate what changes need to take place in your life. She is a very brave woman who decides to go on her own to hike on the Pacific Long trail after losing her beloved mother and after her husband left her due to her addiction to drugs and uncountable infidelities. The way the story is told in a narrative technique , going back and forth to the past and present and it seems as if you were reading a book, many times. It´s a beautiful story told with a breathtaking scenery. After watching the movie you feel like going hiking! Straight after I started looking for the mountains to hike in Ireland! I´m not going to tell you more so that you can go and see the movie. I´d scored it with  a 9 out of 10. Class movie! I do hope Reese wins the oscar!

No comments:

Do you want to feel with a very aesthetic movie?" Les jeunes amants" - The Young Lovers(2021)

  Year:  2021 Genre:  Romantic/Drama Critics point of view & My own:  Pages specialized in cinema reviews like IDMB give it a score of ...