Thursday 13 June 2013

Recommended: The Great Gatsby (2013) by Belén Delgado

The critics are divided regarding this film, the same with the audience, either you love it or you hate it. Well, I'm among the ones that loved it! I read the book too many years ago to remember small details so I did not pay attention to whether it was truly faithful to Scott's Fitzgerald novel. I got carried away by the original angles of the photography, the vivid colors,  the 1920'ies clothing, hairstyles, jazz, dance and style of life in New York at that time. After the film you feel like having a whiskey lol I'm sure my husband who loves whiskey will have one just after it. The joy described at the magnificent parties that the millionaire Gatsby threw, makes you feel like going partying with them. I don't think I have ever partied so hard like those peoople lol. To me Leonardo di Caprio plays such an excellent role, he has evolved so much as an actor since the Titanic film, he makes you be in Great Gatsby's shoes and feel sorry for him. I also liked the way"Nick Carraway" narrates the story, the scenes done for a 3D movie full of dynamism and the love story behind it. You truly pity Gatsby, it has to be a book, of course, these men who do everything just to be close to a woman and die for love, do not exist. By the way, I love the ending, the way Gatsby falls into the pool, his old bath-suit,  the water, the blood , the image of the killer.. BEAUTIFUL..upps sorry!! You didn't know the end?!! Nooo!! Anyway, It's your decision whether you want to see it or not, you may hate it but I'm definitely glad that I didn't pay attention to the haters and I went and saw it in the big screen!


No comments:

Do you want to feel with a very aesthetic movie?" Les jeunes amants" - The Young Lovers(2021)

  Year:  2021 Genre:  Romantic/Drama Critics point of view & My own:  Pages specialized in cinema reviews like IDMB give it a score of ...