Sunday 6 February 2011

Movie Recommendation: Black Swan (2010)


I had high expectations for this film and all of them were fulfilled after waiting so long to see it! Natalie Portman's performance blew me away! In my opinion, Natalie has played her best role since "Léon (aka The Professional)", she definitely deserves any award they give her and I do hope she wins an Oscar, too! This film reminded me of a girl from my school who started to study ballet from an early age and he was under constant pressure,one of my nieces is studying ballet, too I hope she doesn't end up like Nina!. In the Black Swan it is portrayed how hard life of a professional bailarina can be and the rivalry among dancers to get a lead role and what consequences can be if you take it too far. Natalie is Nina, a naif (still wonder if there are young girls so naif like her these days..), extreme self-demanding ,hardworking bailarina being raised up by a frustrated , obsessive mum. Nina wants to get the leading role of the "Swan Lake" after been in the dance company for a long time where she would replace the previous lead dancer played by Winona Ryder (By yhe way not very impressed by her interpretation..she should retire..,she was never a good actress,anyway!). Nina wil find many obstacles on the way, her beautiful mean rival bailarina Lili (Ukranian actress, Mila Kunis played an excellent role, gee after this film, you feel really ugly,honestly..), the owner of the dance company, her mum, drugs and her worst enemy: herself! All this will not prevent her to do the performance of her life.

I got into Natalies' role from the very beginning, it's a well done thriller , I did not know what to expect and at end of the film i felt like giving her a big applause and stand up!!! I had to control myself! In addition it brought many flashbacks of when we saw last year, the Russian ballet in Dublin dancing "The Swan Lake", so beautiful.

I truly recommend this aesthetic movie, you will not be disappointed! There is one scene that all men love ..once you see it ,you will understand what i mean..,my husband got so happy when he saw it that he couldn't hide it lol.

2 weeks in a row being lucky with the films i have chosen! Next ones on the list: "Biutiful", "Hereafter" and "the fighter"

No comments:

Do you want to feel with a very aesthetic movie?" Les jeunes amants" - The Young Lovers(2021)

  Year:  2021 Genre:  Romantic/Drama Critics point of view & My own:  Pages specialized in cinema reviews like IDMB give it a score of ...