Tuesday 15 February 2011

Beautiful and Romantic Concert: As time goes by (Dublin)




I had the pleasure to see live the Irish RTE orchestra together with top Jazz singer: Matthew Ford. What a delightful combination of talented and clean singing voice and around 70 musicians. Frank Sinatra and Andy William came alive again!Matthew started the show saying that he was not going to sing the song "why you didn't bring me flowers (lol)", then part of the audience who didn't get flowers laughed loudly lol. My favorite love songs performed in the show were: Cry me A river (beautiful, they played it twice for us! the audience couldn't stop clapping!), Moon river, Sway, When I fall in love and that's Amore. The last one "That's Amore' they gave us the lyrics and we all sang along. We were lucky to be in the third row and sometimes I even blushed because the singer was so close singing romantic songs that it looked like he was singing to me lol and on top of that Andres was also singing and an old lady behind us was singing ,too.

National Concert hall was packed (only a few seats left), regarding the audience, I have to say that I felt very young ..i think all elderly population from Ireland was there!
Some of the instruments they had: Trumpets,violins,violas,piano,guitars, arpa ,saxo,drummer, chelo
If you live in Dublin and have a chance to see the Rte orchestra live, don't miss it, they are very professional and can play anything! They play regularly at the National Concert Hall, don't miss it! Regarding Mathew Ford what a voice mannnnnnnn , he was very nice and smile throughout the show and joking with us. What I like about this country, you can go to see a classical concert and still have a laugh. To put it in a nutshell , I'm happy to be versatile musically speaking! I can say that I had a beautiful St Valentin'es night! What about your day?




No comments:

Do you want to feel with a very aesthetic movie?" Les jeunes amants" - The Young Lovers(2021)

  Year:  2021 Genre:  Romantic/Drama Critics point of view & My own:  Pages specialized in cinema reviews like IDMB give it a score of ...