Saturday 2 February 2013

Beautiful: Les Misérables (2012)

I'm going to describe this film in a single word: Superb!!. I'm not surprised that it has been nominated for 8 oscars. All the actors, starting from the kids (e.g. little kid actor, Daniel Huttlestone, brilliant!) to the grown-ups sang excellently , well all but Russel Crowe maybe because I'm not a fan of him, I didn't love his acting nor his singing.  To me, the best in the film are Anne Hathaway and Hugh Jackman, they both deserve an oscar for their performance. Both of them make you feel when they sing and act. Borat's actor, Sacha Baron Cohen and Helena Bonham Carter's roles gave the film a funny and cheeky touch, they were hilarious! Revelation but short role of Samantha Barks, also stood out for me, you really feel sorry for her. I have to admit, though, that it was a bit weird when Anne Hathaway started singing " I had a dream", I couldn't avoid thinking of Susan Boyle!!

Loads of highlights for me, one of them the song Anne H. and H. J. sang together when he was deluding about to die (upps! yeah , it's a bit dramatic...). No need to say again that this movie is to be seen in the big screen to feel the great singing and enjoy the setting of that era. It's also important that to be able to enjoy it, you need to like musicals , otherwise don't go since there is little talking and they sing to express almost everything and the film is not short!!


Ready to go back to the French revolution time ??!!

No comments:

Do you want to feel with a very aesthetic movie?" Les jeunes amants" - The Young Lovers(2021)

  Year:  2021 Genre:  Romantic/Drama Critics point of view & My own:  Pages specialized in cinema reviews like IDMB give it a score of ...