Sunday 3 February 2013

The Impossible (2012)


Excellent film directed by Spanish director Juan Antonio Bayona (also director of another extraordinary film " The Orphanage") about the tragedy that happened in 2004 after a powerful Tsunami killed thousands of people in Thailand among other countries. The film tells the miraculous true story of the survival of a 5-member Spanish family while they were on holidays in one resort in Khao Lak (Thailand). Before going to see this film, I knew it was going to be dramatic but I would never have imagined that I'd cry like a baby. Yeah, the actors and the scenes really touched us, we put ourselves in the shoes of all the victims families that had to go through that horrible natural disaster. Life can change so easily in seconds if nature decides so. To me, the boy who plays , Lucas and the actress who plays, Maria (the mum) are the best ones but of course, I can't deny that Ewan Mcgregor is great , as usual, and even the other 2 small boys are very convincing. Some of the most beautiful scenes for me, when Lucas dreams of his mum being drown in the water with a terrifying dead look. Even though the film reflects a tragedy, it's very aesthetic and very well done, with a lot of respect to what actually happened. I only hope I don't have to live a drama like this never in my life, it seemed so real in the big screen (gee!). When the movie ended, Andres told me that he was specially sad because he remembered the devastating earthquake in 1999 from Armenia (Colombia) had to go through. He saw families in desperation after what happened and went there to help with his family. My thoughts with all the families. If you are interested in reading what happened to the real family you can read an article here:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/real-life-stories/real-story-behind-the-impossible-miracle-1519067

No comments:

Do you want to feel with a very aesthetic movie?" Les jeunes amants" - The Young Lovers(2021)

  Year:  2021 Genre:  Romantic/Drama Critics point of view & My own:  Pages specialized in cinema reviews like IDMB give it a score of ...