Friday 26 August 2011

French Romantic movie recommended: "Beautiful lies" with Audrey Tautotu


I saw this film 2 weeks ago and I wanted to write about it briefly since then, unfortunately I don't think it's still in the cinema but if you have the chance to see this French romantic comedy, don't miss it! It's a bit of a soap opera with a very funny touch, great to have a good time! Even me that couldn't understand much of what they were saying and I had to read the subtitles all the time (I'm sure for those who understand French,it's even funnier!), famous actress Audrey Tautou,some may remember her from the beautiful film of "Amelie" , and not so famous Nataly Baye (maybe she is very famous and I didn't know her upps) ,playing her mum, really did the trick. They both play a very good role, specially Nataly, I'd say. The big mess which can come out of a love letter sent to the wrong recipient and all the different situations will make you laugh for sure.I loved the end " Are you sure you wrote this letter?" lol. It's not a very complicated plot and it may not be the film of your life but to me, if I go to the cinema and i come out of the screen smiling, it means that my time was well invested! Of course, if you are not into romantic comedies and don't want to read subtitles, then stay homeeeee. Last but not least, yeah, I admit it, French can also make some good movies from time to time, not always though lol.

Next film on my list : The Rise of the planet of the apes!

No comments:

Do you want to feel with a very aesthetic movie?" Les jeunes amants" - The Young Lovers(2021)

  Year:  2021 Genre:  Romantic/Drama Critics point of view & My own:  Pages specialized in cinema reviews like IDMB give it a score of ...