Saturday 3 September 2016

Humble review of a movie I have watched recently: Nerve (2016) by Belen Delgado

Nerve 

This teen-thriller tells a story that is not very far from reality. An-online illegal app. game where you have two options either to: view/follow or to play the actual game and earn some generous monetary reward and also followers/fame. Handsome & talented James Franco little brother, Dave Franco, is the male protagonist along with Emma Roberts. There is a lot of chemistry between the 2 of them and they play very well their role of being the most viewed players with their "dare" proposals to earn big amounts of money in short amount of time putting sometimes their own lives at risk. This movie shows the new generation of Millennials that are obsessed with the internet, phones, interactive app. games and the concept of fame based on the amount of followers you may have. I loved the freshness , fast-pace and originality of the plot. Not the best movie of my life but very entertaining. I probably would have chosen a different ending but well, it is a North-American movie where the audience should be mainly teens ( well excluding me lol) so the ending had to match that. In the real world it would probably be much different. Some of my favorite scenes: The first dares where they are in the shopping center and then on the motorbike blindfolded. Rotten Tomatoes audience rated this movie with a 74% and critics with a 64%, as you can see it is definitely, a pass! I agree with the audience. Even though I did not have high expectations before watching this movie, it was much better than I thought!


And one last thing, if you are wondering why I'm still watching "teen" movies, well I'm actually very open to the movie genre that I watch , that keeps my view of the world more open and I can learn also from different generations from mine.

No comments:

Do you want to feel with a very aesthetic movie?" Les jeunes amants" - The Young Lovers(2021)

  Year:  2021 Genre:  Romantic/Drama Critics point of view & My own:  Pages specialized in cinema reviews like IDMB give it a score of ...