Saturday 3 January 2015

First Movie I have seen in 2015: "Exodus" by Ridley Scott

Those who know me are aware that Christian Bale is one of my favorite actors since I saw him for the very first time in his interpretation of the "Empire of the Sun" when he was only a kid. Well, the main reason why I wanted to see "Exodus" was because of him (yeah, otherwise I would not have gone to see see such a long movie when I have so much to study..). He did not disappoint me, he plays very well his role of Moses. Even though the movie has some biblical historic errors in it, we enjoyed it. I´m not surprised that the movie was censored in some countries since they show the Catholic God as a bit evil, the kid playing God is actually a bit scary. In addition, some of the scenes are very gore showing the Catholic God as a merciless God of destruction and death. They do not describe a very good image of the Egyptians, either. See an article about this: http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/egypt-biblical-epic-exodus-banned-errors-27862379 . Surprisingly , Rotten tomatoes scores for this film are very low, they do not even reach the 50%. Ok I agree that some of the guys playing the Egyptians with such heavy fake tan were not great but the effects and the main battles, specially for those who are brave enough to see this movie in 3D, are very well done with the usage of today´s technology.



I actually thought that it was going to be too long for me as it lasts more than 2 hours but time flew fast and I was quite comfortable with the duration it had. Good cinematographic start of the year, next one on my list " The theory of everything". I definitely want to see more movies this year, let´s see how it goes!

My score is a 65%.

No comments:

Do you want to feel with a very aesthetic movie?" Les jeunes amants" - The Young Lovers(2021)

  Year:  2021 Genre:  Romantic/Drama Critics point of view & My own:  Pages specialized in cinema reviews like IDMB give it a score of ...