Sunday 12 May 2013

The last 3 movies I have seen - 2 of them to be avoided and the last one undecided (by Belén Delgado)

I have a backlog of movies that I have seen so far, so I´m going to summarize 3 in this post. The first one being :

21 and Over - From time to time we like to go and see one stupid American movie not to think much bit with this one, really, not even without the thinking, it didn´t even make me laugh. It was full of cliches and even discriminatory comments about foreigners living in U.S.A. Such as the way the portray Mexicans to be violent and dangerous.

I was bored and I wanted it to end. It was predictable and repetitive. Avoid!

OZ the great and Powerful - I´m a big fan of the original Wizard of OZ and I had high expectations before going to see this film. We went to see it with my little nephew and niece. I´m just going to leave you with the statement my nephew made at the end of the film: " Have we paid to see this? really?" (  Hemos pagado para esto?. )I couldn´t agree more!!! Kids are always right! Yeah, it has beautiful colors and photography but again I was bored..



The Place Beyond the Pines - This film is way better than the above 2 but still, it did not convince me much. In rottentomatoes site the audience has given it a 81 % http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_place_beyond_the_pines_2012/ for me it´s just a 60%. Cutie Canadian actor Ryan Gosling played an excellent role, you really feel sorry for him in a way. He´s actually one of the reason why I went to see this film, I like his style and he didn´t disappoint me. It becomes a bit of a soap-opera towards the end ( a bit predictable, too). I can´t tell you that it´s not worth going and see this film, for this one, you can go and make your own judgement. It did not blow me away but I didn´t hate it. I still have mixed feelings.


No comments:

Do you want to feel with a very aesthetic movie?" Les jeunes amants" - The Young Lovers(2021)

  Year:  2021 Genre:  Romantic/Drama Critics point of view & My own:  Pages specialized in cinema reviews like IDMB give it a score of ...