Sunday 1 April 2012

Totally recommended film: Hunger Games (2012)


At the beginning I thought the idea of this film was very original until Andrés started talking to me about this 80ies' movie from Arnold Schwarzenegger "Running man". The plot seems very similar to this film and you could also see some resemblance to the idea of realities shows such us "get me out of here" or "big brother" accompanied with the eccentric concept of the look of rich people in the future  (all looking a bit like the group "Aqua"in the video "I'm a barbie girl" from the 90ies). All in all, the fim is based on American novel written by Suzanne Collins, probable she took the inspiration from all the previous details I have mentioned, although this has not been confirmed by her, judge for yourself when you see the film. Anyway, being the idea original or not, I loved the film!!! And I truly recommend it for those kind of people,like me, who like these type of futuristic action movies, there are a few bits a bit cheesy but the whole idea of having chosen people from different districts to fight for their lives in a televised game is appealing. The film in itself is not violent, it's done with a delicate touch and even scenes that could have been very violent, they weren't. I fall in love with the protagonists and I think the idea of having this hunger games may nto be so far from the future reality.. who knows?? If the romans had the gladiators fights and people loved it, why not having people fighting for their lives on tv receiving help from sponsors of the most appealing candidates for the audience. Some of the highlights of the film for me , was actually that, the ida of having sponsors helping the contestants when in danger or the idea of creating more danger of candidates by the tv producers. I'm not going to tell you more! No need to say that you need to go to the cinema to see this film, don't watch it at home! I'm very glad I went to see this film even without knowing what was about! Last but not least rottentomatoes gives this film 85% (critics) and 86%( the public) and I agree with the public!

No comments:

Do you want to feel with a very aesthetic movie?" Les jeunes amants" - The Young Lovers(2021)

  Year:  2021 Genre:  Romantic/Drama Critics point of view & My own:  Pages specialized in cinema reviews like IDMB give it a score of ...