Saturday 10 March 2012

Movie Recommended: The Best Exotic Marigold hotel (2012)


From the time I saw the trailer of this movie I wanted to see it, I knew I was going to like it and I was not wrong. The main story of this film is about a bunch of British pensioners who are sold a "luxurious" holiday package in India, hotel owned by Sonny played by the Indian actor Dev Patel, known by the fab film "Slumdog Millionaire". They did not know each other but they will become close due to their common experiences in India. Of course the hotel photos they saw back in the U.k. were a bit photoshopped and did not look like the real hotel where they will be the first guests in months. As usual, I do not want to tell you  much so that you can enjoy it and laugh, as I did, each character of this film has its own individuality and personality. I loved each one of them, specially the one played by Judy Dench & Maggie Smith. One of my favorite moments: "If I can't pronounce it , I don't eat it" (This also happens to me lol) and the moment when actor Tom Wilkinson meets again the love of his life. To me, that I have not been to India yet, I think this film shows it with a lot of respect, a mixture of colors, people and flavors. Last anecdote, there is one scene when a group of Indians start singing and dancing on the streets and I could see myself there with Andres dancing along with them non-stop. Lol! Go and don't miss it! It's hilarious but also touching! Next movie on my list with a bit of delay: The Artist!

No comments:

Do you want to feel with a very aesthetic movie?" Les jeunes amants" - The Young Lovers(2021)

  Year:  2021 Genre:  Romantic/Drama Critics point of view & My own:  Pages specialized in cinema reviews like IDMB give it a score of ...