Monday 4 April 2011

Recommended movie: Source Code (2011)


Rotten tomatoes termometer scores this movie with an 87% (audience score) and i couldn't agree more (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/source_code/)! What a good thriller, from the beginning to end, i didn't want to move from my seat! Yeah, it may not be that original since it inspired in "back to the future" and the 90ies movie "Groundhog Day" where the protagonist wakes up and it's always the same day. In "Source code", the soldier Colter Stevens,played by Jake Gyllenhaal, has only 8 minutes to change the future and find the bomber of a Chicago commuter train. I wasn't a big fan of Jake Gyllenhaal but i'm now, my respect, he played an excellent believable role and yeah, he also looks good in the movie! I happened to be in Chicago last year because of work, well i only saw the airport and i saw the city from the plane,only, and it looked beautiful, in this movie you can see the skyscrapers of Chicago. I want to go there again!!! But this time , get actually out of the airport!

Going back to the movie, people who know me well know that "back to the future" is one of my favorite 80ies movies and since then, the topic of travelling in time has always interested me. In Source code, they do not go too deep into time travel but they dealt with it in a very thrilling way and it makes you wonder if there will be a source code once. After the film ended i was thinking what would i change if i had 8 minutes to to go back and the past and then i thought that i would go back and tell my father how much i loved him.. What would you do with 8 minutes? so, go and see this film! You won't regret it!

No comments:

Do you want to feel with a very aesthetic movie?" Les jeunes amants" - The Young Lovers(2021)

  Year:  2021 Genre:  Romantic/Drama Critics point of view & My own:  Pages specialized in cinema reviews like IDMB give it a score of ...