Tuesday 8 December 2009

Hammans del Andalus - Arabic Baths in Córdoba Trip recommendation



I had the pleasure of enjoying the charm of going back in time in the Arabic Baths located close to the Cordoban Mosque in Andalucia (Spain). From 22.00 pm there is currently a a disocunt f 10% and for a bit more of thirty euros I had a traditional 15 min massage and I could enjoy the hot water,cold water, warm water, hot stone and Turkish bath for 90 minutes, enjoying the Arabic music in the backgorund and having a traditional tea inbetween each bath. Its roof with starsshaped holes where you could see the sky and its quietness, not being a tourist high season, made it much more special. I have to say that I´m not a fan of massages but the one I had with "jazmin" (Andalusian flower) oil did me good and after our Bath session I was 100% relaxed! Of course I bought a bottle of oil in their unique shop of exquisite massage oils and soaps.

If you ever go to my city, go to the Arabic baths. Take into account that it´s not easy to find a booking in high season from May to September, so check the web page first and ask for the best time when there are less people since due to its small size ,if there are many,it may not be so enjoyable.

We were lucky and there were only 7 people (including us 2).

More info can be found under:

http://www.hammamspain.com/cordoba/

No comments:

Do you want to feel with a very aesthetic movie?" Les jeunes amants" - The Young Lovers(2021)

  Year:  2021 Genre:  Romantic/Drama Critics point of view & My own:  Pages specialized in cinema reviews like IDMB give it a score of ...