Sunday 22 September 2013

An O.k. Movie "Pain and Gain" (2013) by Belén Delgado

We saw this movie before we went on holidays to Italy but I just haven't had the time to write about it. I have to agree with the score of 50% that rottentomatoes audience gave to this film (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/pain_and_gain/). We got what we wanted, to be entertained by a film based on a true story with a humor touch. This is what you get, no more than that. It's unbelievable though how reality can overcome fiction!  To sum up, it's about a group of ignorant, not very intelligent gym trainers that start preparing a plan to obtain all the wealth of one rich guy that goes regularly to the gym, Kershaw. I, personally, found the role of played by Mark Whalberg the most convincing one, he is so good in it. "I'm a doer" (lol). In a way, you feel sorry for him, or at least, I did, he just wanted to live the American dream in the quick and wrong way! I think I have the Robin Hood spirit and I don't feel sorry for snobby, rich guys who are robbed, specially if you don't treat others with respect, like Kershaw. I don't want to tell you many more details about what happened.. but if you see it, you will enjoy the movie more when you remember that it's a true story!!!


No comments:

Do you want to feel with a very aesthetic movie?" Les jeunes amants" - The Young Lovers(2021)

  Year:  2021 Genre:  Romantic/Drama Critics point of view & My own:  Pages specialized in cinema reviews like IDMB give it a score of ...