Wednesday 20 January 2010

Sherlock Holmes by Guy Ritchie


It´s the first movie I have seen from the British director Guy Ritchie (Madonna´s exhusband) and I have to say that I have become her biggest fan. I Want to start with one of his quotations in case anyone didnt like his last movie (specially Cris friend from Sevilla that found it boring..OMG!!) and to the rotten tomatoes critics that gave it only a score of 53% (in comparison with a 87 % rate given by the rotten tomatoes community): "I am relatively familiar with getting a good old rumping from the critics. In some cases, the critics just didn't like the film - fair cop. Others, I think, didn't understand it."
A friend asked me one day after i saw Sherlock Holmes: " was it long? " and then I said " I didnt even think of the time, i actually didnt want it to end" I think we you dont look at your watch when watching a movie is a good sign! I´m also a big fan of the main protagonist: Robert Downey Junior. He played Sherlock Holmes abilities to investigate others with a unique style that´s why he also got a golden globe award yesterday. Even the no so brilliant Jude Law played a good role! Some people complained that the film is a bit violent , well i found the violent scenes presented in a very aesthetic way by Guy Ritchie, you can even feel the punchs! The London surroundings are also very well portraited like the London tower bridge that was under construction at that time or the timeless Big Ben. To put it in a nutshell, it is an entertaining movie for people that want to see a movie directed in a different way, you will have a laugh and also try to find a logical explanation to the resurrection of the bad guy! Sherlock Holmes was able to find an explanation even for that and many more hints! The movie has a kind of open ending so i guess there will be a second part.. we will have to wait..

No comments:

Do you want to feel with a very aesthetic movie?" Les jeunes amants" - The Young Lovers(2021)

  Year:  2021 Genre:  Romantic/Drama Critics point of view & My own:  Pages specialized in cinema reviews like IDMB give it a score of ...