Monday 11 November 2013

Excellent movie by the same writer of Trainspotting: Filth (2013)

I watched this movie a few weeks ago but lately I don't have a lot of free time to write on my blogs. I'm not going to give you many details so that you see it fresh as I did, I actually knew nothing about it when I went to see it. I only saw that Scottish actor James MCcavoy was the protagonist, that for me was enough since I usually like his movies. Needless to say that he is superb in his leading role, he really gets into the skin of the sergeant Bruce. Just to summarize in this film you are going to see the worst that one human being can be , specially being a cop: bipolar, alcoholic, addict to dirty sex, violence, drugs , disloyal, lier and rude. However, in the end you even feel sorry for the protagonist in-spite of his filthy personality! He's machiavellic .. mean with a very dark personality!! It's not a film for everyone, if you have never been to Scotland and see this film, probably you won't feel very inspired to go either lol, not a very good publicity . Last but not least, no need to see that it reminded me a lot of Trainspotting in the way the story is told and of course the theme being very similar , being another novel by the same author ,Irvine Welsh. In a nutshell, a film not to be missed!

No comments:

Do you want to feel with a very aesthetic movie?" Les jeunes amants" - The Young Lovers(2021)

  Year:  2021 Genre:  Romantic/Drama Critics point of view & My own:  Pages specialized in cinema reviews like IDMB give it a score of ...