Sunday 23 May 2010

Soledad Barrio and Noche Flamenca in Dublin


I´m just back from the final show closing the Dance Festival of Dublin 2010 : "Soledad Barrio and Noche Flamneca" in Vicar street.This famous show has been touring the world promoting Flamenco music and dance. We were lucky to be in the first row at one of the tables just in front of the stage. There was no theater set,only a black courtain with chairs, pure Flamenco , no distractions, not needed. It has been a magical night full of feeling, clapping, tapping their heels, singing and dancing. 2 male dancers, Alfonso López and Juan Ogalla and the leading solo artist, Soledad accompanied by 2 singers and 2 guitarrists. I have to admit that even though Soledad was supposed to be the leading dancer, we liked more the male dancers, which, by the way, had totally different styles. Our favourite one was Alfonso, he danced with such a passion and strengh that the stage was trembling! Juan was also very good, very precise in his movements and elegant. At the beginning i was controlling myself but after the second act i couldnt avoid it and start shouting " Ole,Ole maestro" because they deserved it! I´m still singing the last song "Amparo,Amparo" and I feel like tapping my heels like the dancers! Last but not least both male singers were splendid and the guitarrists played so well that I even thought it was a cd!!! it was impecable! While watching the show I became a bit nostalgical but I´m delighted to have been able to feel in the South of Spain for a couple of hours.

You can see more of the Noche Flamenca here: http://nocheflamenca.org/history if they go to your city once, don´t miss it!

No comments:

Do you want to feel with a very aesthetic movie?" Les jeunes amants" - The Young Lovers(2021)

  Year:  2021 Genre:  Romantic/Drama Critics point of view & My own:  Pages specialized in cinema reviews like IDMB give it a score of ...