Thursday 25 February 2010

Movie Review: A single man (2010)


I´m not surprised the male protagonist of " a single man", Colin Firth has been awarded with a British Bafta, he made me feel from the beginning to end: i felt his pain, his love for his partner and his dead dog (I thought of my beloved cat), his love to youth, to the precious and short moments in life. It´s not a conventional movie at all, I have to agree with the critics in that I Saw some touches from Almodovar´s style on the movie, you can really see that Tom Ford was inspired by him among others. The movie based on the novel with the same name by Christopher Isherwood set in the 60ies with their gorgeous hair styles,dresses,stylish men suits, nice cars and houses, i loved every bit of it. I was told before watching the movie that it was "weird", of course this made me going to see it even more. I have to say that I dont agree, i didnt find it weird, it´s just not conventional, it goes back and forward in time, it is full of symbology with colours and the feelings transmitted by our looks and even touching a photograph of somebody you love that brings you flashbacks of the past. If after watching the movie you dont find it beautiful , please dont tell me, it is one of the best movies I have seen lately (I´m not going to mention the hot Spanish model in one of the scenes..wow! this also helped lol). MY husband also found the movie beautiful but he didnt enjoy it as much as I did, he felt more with the movie precious, also a very touching movie but i did like more this one. I´m going to end with one of the sentences I remember " you have to live the present and value the short moments that make you feel" "if you dont like the present, the future may not be better because the future is death"

No comments:

Do you want to feel with a very aesthetic movie?" Les jeunes amants" - The Young Lovers(2021)

  Year:  2021 Genre:  Romantic/Drama Critics point of view & My own:  Pages specialized in cinema reviews like IDMB give it a score of ...