Sunday 28 October 2018

Feeling like going to see a pretty good super hero movie? Go & watch : Venom. Humble review by Belen Delgado



  1. Year: 2018
  2. Genre: Action/ Super Hero movie
  3. Rotten Tomatoes Score & My own: There is a big gap between the critic's scores of 30% and the audience score of 87%. I still do not understand why the critics are so harsh with this movie. I certainly agree with the score given by the audience. Both, my husband and I, loved the movie, it was highly entertaining and even funny at times. I also loved seeing the chasing scenes in the streets of San Francisco. A city i have visited several times , which I'm very fond of. In addition, there is an interesting twist about the issue SF faces with the increasing amount of homelessness. I would not be surprised if homeless people are already being used for some sort of testing in exchange of money and/or food. 
  4. Do I recommend to see it? Well, I have not read the comic & I'm not sure if it is truthful to it or not, if you are very demanding with that, you may not like it, not sure. BUT anyway, if you like superheroes movies & Tom Hardy, you should give it a go. I did not have high expectations at all and I was pleasantly surprised! To those wondering whether to go or not because of the bad critics, I'd highly recommend to go and judge for yourself. You should see it in the big screen to be able to enjoy the action scenes. It won't be the same if you see it on TV and/or a laptop screen. I hope you liked my short review, do not forget to let me know what you thought of the movie ! 

   

No comments:

Do you want to feel with a very aesthetic movie?" Les jeunes amants" - The Young Lovers(2021)

  Year:  2021 Genre:  Romantic/Drama Critics point of view & My own:  Pages specialized in cinema reviews like IDMB give it a score of ...